Monday, August 31, 2009

Avery's 2nd Birthday Party

I'm a bit late in posting this, but better late than never, I guess. We had Avery's 2nd Birthday party last Sunday, and I just wanted to post a few pictures from the day.

I made giant cupcake as her main cake, with a doctored up Devils Food cake mix recipe called "Too Much Chocolate Cake." It was good, but very very rich.

Then I made those yellow cupcakes that I posted about a few weeks back.


Here's a picture of Avery opening her presents. This was the first gift she opened, and we quickly learned that we should have saved it for last. It was a Fur Real Pup, that she just absolutely adored. She unfortunately didn't have much interest in the rest of her presents after that. But she got a lot of great stuff and has been playing with ALL of it since :)



A picture of her blowing out the candles. Next year I'll be sure to put her on a chair on her own while we sing to her and have her blow out the candles so I can get some better pictures :)



And finally, a pic of her swinging with her friend Grace.


We had a great day, and got lucky with some great weather. Thanks to all of our family who drove a few hours to come to the party. We really appreciate it!!!

3 comments:

  1. aww.. looks like she had a great party! Great job on the giant cupcake.. it looks positively yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that huge cupcake! And I love how the sprinkles and stands looked. Looks like she had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pictures!! Happy belated birthday to Avery!

    ReplyDelete