I just did a very simple skirt - no pleats (since I didn't think you'd even notice them once on the bed, with the way the rails are) and no ruffles (it's a boy, and I'm already using a floral fabric...figured I shouldn't girly-it-up any more than it already is). This made it a very easy project to sew - I was able to complete it in the time Avery was at school one morning, so in about 2 hours or so).
I need to start on those curtains now, but I tell ya, I'm having a hard time gathering up the motivation to start. The fact that I have to do blackout lining on the curtains is really daunting to me for some reason. I'm sure once I start I'll find out that it's not as hard as I made it out to be in my head. That seems to always be the way it goes. Anyway, I need to pick up a few more things at Joann's before I can start that project...hopefully this weekend I'll make some headway there. I'll post more pics of the nursery as soon as more progress is made!