Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Peek at My Fall Mantel

Last week I made just a few changes around the house to make things feel a little more like fall. I changed out a few wall photos that were in desparate need of updating (they had photos in them from when Avery was less than a year old...talk about becoming house blind!) with photos from our recent trip to Leed's Farm. I also changed a few things on our mantel. Nothing drastic (forgot to take a before photo)...I used the same picture frames that were already on the wall (from Ikea), I just changed out the pictures with some pumpkin photos (which, again, were taken while at Leed's Farm).
I also added two lanterns that we typically use outside on our patio, but I thought they'd look kind of cute up here (got these probably five years or so ago from Crate and Barrel, I think), along with a few scattered pumpkins and gourds.

Pretty simple. I didn't want anything too fussy, and didn't want to have to go out and buy a bunch of new things (other than the gourds). I like the change. It makes the family room feel a little more cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment