Sunday, September 19, 2010

I love Fall

This is absolutely my favorite time of the year. I love so much about the fall - from college football, to Halloween, to picking pumpkins, to the cooler weather, to this fun activity we did over the weekend:

In case you can't tell from the picture, Avery's holding an apple in her hand, and we're standing in an apple orchard. We went to Bob Lynd's Fruit Farm this Saturday, which we've been doing since before Avery was born, to pick apples.
This year we picked Golden Delicious and Jonathon apples, which are both good for pies and applesauce (both of which I planned on making). My favorite is Honeycrisp, but apparently those are picked pretty early, and we missed them already.
I don't know why I like going apple picking so much, but there's just something about being outside, on a farm, without the distractions of the computer, TV, movies or any other electronics, that is just fun.
Once we filled our bag with apples, we bought a few tickets for Avery to ride this barrel train ride...which she loved.

And I of course had to get her picture next to this adorable sign (this is the first time I've seen it here, but I can see this becoming a yearly tradition. It'll be fun to see how she grows from year to year):

So much fun. If I didn't have enough apples to last us another two months, I would go again this fall!
I made the apple pie on Saturday when we got back and it is delish! Maybe tomorrow I'll tackle the applesauce. Mmmm :)

No comments:

Post a Comment