Monday, December 5, 2011

December 1st-4th

December is upon us, yay! Here are the first four days from my December Daily album:

Day 1

This is the first year we are doing the Elf on the Shelf. We watched the show that was on CBS last week, and ever since Avery has been asking when we would be getting an elf. I had always planned for it to arrive on the 1st of December, so she had to wait a few days. She was excited to get the package from Santa. All day long though she kept telling me how the elf couldn't REALLY fly, it wasn't REAL. She said it over and over...I think she was trying to convince herself. I just kept telling her...we'll have to wait and see! She was very surprised the next morning to see that it had moved, and has been excited to go look for it each morning since. I'm not sure if she really believes the elf is magical or not, but it's a fun little tradition nonetheless.

With this page all I had to do was stick the foundation page in the typewriter and type up some quick journaling, then add Avery's photo above it with a strip of washi tape. I also added two more strips of washi tape below with the number sticker, and I stitched the white cardstock onto the page. Done. Very quick and easy....which is the only way I'm going to finish this thing in December.

Day 2:

The 2nd wasn't very exciting...I spent the whole day cleaning and making food for our party the next day. The only picture I could think to include was one of the chocolate covered grapes I was making (probably nicer to look at than a mop and bucket, or toilet bowl cleaner, or laundry pile, don't ya think?).

For this page I already had the background page of stamped/embossed Christmas sentiments done. I added the tag, with typed journaling (and a little bit of stitching), along with some chipboard snowflakes and letters. Again, quick and easy.

Day 3:


I'm not sure about this page yet. It really bothers me that the picture on the right is turned to the side, but that's the only way I could fit it on the page as a 6x8. I don't know...may have to do a collage or something over there instead. Anyway, the journaling was typed on the cardstock and then I added the ornament and number sticker, the joy stamp (which I then embossed), and the ribbon. Another quick page.


Day 4:


Since we didn't actually do much yesterday and I didn't take any photos, I decided to include these pictures from when we went to the zoo lights in November. I like how this page turned out. The four and circle were stamped and embossed, and the "merry & bright" is a sticker from the Echo Park Holly Jolly collection pack. I also added two pieces of washi tape on the smaller photo, and that's about it!


I'm loving how fast the pages are coming together, hopefully things will continue this way. If you made it this far, thanks for looking!

1 comment: