Sunday, January 10, 2010

December 22 and 24

Getting close to the end now! I went back and finished day 22. Here's the envelope I had to work with (originally slated for Dec 21...I just removed the sticker and replaced it with a 22):
Inside I used a piece of Kraft cardstock to write down our Christmas wishes. The "Holiday Wish List" cardstock sticker is from Little Yellow Bicycle. I trimmed around this on the kraft paper to make it like a little tab at the top. Then I rounded the corners of all sides and drew a white line as a border. Letter stickers are from MM.
For December 24th, I used this acetate sheet, which was originally supposed to be for the 23rd:

I used the back of a Jillibean Soup journaling sprout to adhere the number 24, and inked around the edges. Then I punched a 1/8" hole at the top and in the middle of the acetate sheet, and threaded baker's twine through the holes, tying the journaling spot on with a little bow. It moves around a little when you turn the page, but that's ok with me.

I used an Ali Edwards overlay for the journaling, changing the color to red, and switching out the wording that was originally there to now say Christmas Eve. Our Christmas Eve did not go at all as planned, with Avery getting sick in the morning, which canceled our traveling plans :(


On the back of the acetate sheet (very hard to see the page on the picture below), I adhered another journaling spot (using the same Ali Edwards overlay, just flipping it upside down), where I added the recipe for the french toast that I was making in the picture for the day.

Here is the picture for the day - I traced the acetate sheet onto the back of this page and trimmed it to match. Then I stitched a little border onto the photo, just to add a little something to it.

On the back is some patterned paper and a few pictures of the french toast (the apple mixture is what bakes underneath the french toast...so good). The words "sweet" "tradition" and "celebrate" are cardstock stickers from Little Yellow Bicycle. The arrow is one I had in my stash (don't know who made it) that was plain chipboard. I painted it red and then added stickles on top.

TFL...just one more day to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment