Friday, January 8, 2010

December 23

You may have noticed I've skipped over the 22nd. That page is an envelope, and I'm going to stick our Christmas wishes in there...just haven't gotten to that yet (hoping to finish up at a crop this weekend, but we'll see). But... I finished day 23 and wanted to post it since I haven't posted one in a while.


This page I originally had slated for the 24th. But given the number of pictures I had for this day versus the next, I decided it was better suited for the 23rd. Glad I left myself some flexibility with numbering the pages so that I could switch things around if I wanted to!


These pictures are from Avery opening her gifts from Santa (Santa came early to our house since we were supposed to go to Cincinnati for Christmas). The photos are all 2.5" x 3.5", to fit into this baseball card protector sheet. I took some inspiration from Ali and used a border punch on the top of the journaling card. Then I put a Santa rub-on (Art Warehouse) in the bottom right corner. The number 23 is on a chipboard snowman (I think from MM) that I had painted white and covered with Glossy Accents. I then adhered this to the felt red and white polka dot piece. I also rounded all the corners of the photos (with my NEW Corner Chomper!).



Journaling reads: "We made a special request to have Santa come to our house early this year, since we will be traveling to Cincinnati to celebrate with my family tomorrow. While Avery was taking her nap, Santa made a special delivery. How nice of him to accomodate our schedule!"

The back page has more photos of Avery opening presents, but the journaling is about her being sick :(. Journaling reads: "Unfortunately today Avery has come down with a fever and a very runny nose. I think you can see in these photos (especially the one to the left) that she isn't feeling well - her eyes just have that sick look, and you can see the raw skin under her nose from wiping it so much. We're just hoping she's feeling much better in the morning so we can still go to Cincinnati."

In the journaling spot at the bottom center, I wrote down the presents that she got from Santa, and tied some baker's twine around the bottom. The cardstock sticker at the top of this (and in the top left slot) are from Little Yellow Bicycle.

Here's the original page:

No comments:

Post a Comment