Wednesday, December 8, 2010

December Daily... December 5th and 6th

Here we are at day #5. We had a pretty lazy day here at the house on Sunday, so I didn't have anything specifically for that day that I wanted to document. Instead I decided to take some photos of the nursery and write down some of the diy projects I accomplished in there. Here is the front page for the 5th. The red cardstock is cut to 6x7" and the photo is a 4x6. I drew the white line around the edge for a border on the cardstock and photo. Then I attached the photo onto a piece of 6x8 patterned paper and folded it so that it could be lifted to reveal some additional photos (which you'll see below).

Inside are 5 pictures cut to 2x2", and then I just wrote a little bit of journaling describing each photo (see closeups below).

And then here is the back of Day 5. I repeated the white border on the cardstock and photo. Kept this pretty simple, not sure if I'll embellish this anymore or not.

And Day 6 is all about Avery's dance class. I decided to change the photos to black and white, so they didn't clash with the rest of the album. I added a little bit of journaling in Photoshop right on the larger picture. The page is 8x8 and the large photo is 4x6, with the smaller photos below being 2x2. I stitched a red border around the block of photos and added some baker's twine between the large and small photos. I stamped the circle and number 6 using Ali Edwards' December Daily stamp set from Technique Tuesday, and cut it so that it is just a half circle. Then I rounded the corners to complete the page. This is probably one of my favorites in the album so far...clean and simple.

The back of this page repeats the layout of the front:

Oh, and I ended up finishing the back of day 1, which I did not have completed at the time I originally posted that page. So, I thought I would show you what I added there. It's an 8x8 photo of Avery kissing my big preggo belly, which I think is just a really cute picture, and appropriate to the theme of day 1, where I wrote about how we are anticipating the birth of kiddo #2. I trimmed the photo to match the front of the page, and then drew a border in white just to add a little something to it. Quick and easy, and I really like how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment