Sunday, December 5, 2010

December Daily...December 2nd and 3rd

For December 2nd, I decided to scrap whatever foundation page I had previously put together, and just went with a 5 x 7 photo. We started putting up our tree on the 2nd, and this photo is of Abe sitting behind it for quite some time trying to figure out why a strand of lights wasn't working. I added an Ali Edwards Title and Journal Photo Overlay , changing the foreground color to white, and erasing the title and line towards the bottom of the overlay. Then I added "December 2" directly on the photo in Photoshop, at the bottom.

Here's the back. Just a white piece of cardstock. I typed out the journaling in Photoshop, again using an Ali Edwards Title and Journal Photo Overlay. This time I changed the foreground color to red. I used Stickles (Candy Cane Red) to go over the "Today" title at the bottom, and stamped "December 2nd" in red (from the Ali Edwards December Daily stamp set at Technique Tuesday). Pretty simple.
On the 3rd, I again didn't use the foundation page I had already set up, and instead focused on just the photos. I took a scrap piece of cardstock and adhered two 4x6 photos one on top of the other, so the page is 6x8 overall. In photoshop, I added Katie Pertiet's Christmas Cut-Ups (I couldn't find these on the Designer Digitals website anymore, but she has a new holiday version out this year which is similar) to look like ribbon between the two photos (I just added five of the same "December Memories" cut-up directly next to each other to make one long line). I then rounded the edges of the page and stitched a border in red. The canvas star is from Jillibean Soup and the number 3 is from Creative Imaginations.

On the back I repeated the "December Memories" cut-ups at the bottom of the photo, and then added the patterned paper below to write my journaling (PP is from Basic Grey).

And that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment