Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December Daily...December 1st

And so it begins! Here is my first page in the December Daily album. On the left is the backside of the album cover. I'm feeling like that needs a little something added to it, but we'll see if I end up doing anything there.

I freehanded the outline of this page, and cut it out in black felt. Then I stitched a border around the edge with red thread.
I added some hidden journaling by using a long strip of patterned paper, with white cardstock inside where I typed out and printed my journaling. I added two buttons to the patterned paper before adhering it to the cardstock, so that I could wrap baker's twine around them to hold the top and bottom together.

Inside is a bit of a reflection on how much we have been anticipating this month due to the upcoming birth of our little boy, and my feelings and expectations about it all. I also added one of the ultrasound pictures to the bottom of the journaling page (which I scanned in and added in Photoshop).
So far I haven't added anything to the back of this page, although I have a couple of ideas. More tomorrow...hopefully.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness.. I'm glad I came across this. I knew it was the 1st but overlooked that it was the first day of the DD. :-/

    You have such a good subject for your first day. And your idea for the buttons on the cardstock is great.

    ReplyDelete