Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Toddler Theater

Today we went to the Dublin Rec Center for Toddler Theater, which Holly introduced us to a few weeks ago. Last time Avery wasn't feeling great so she didn't seem to enjoy it much. But I thought it was entertaining, so I thought we'd give it another shot and see how she'd like it this time. Toddler Theater is basically a woman with a guitar singing children's songs, and they bring out someone dressed as a character from a children's book (this week was Clifford, the Big Red Dog) to dance along with the kids. It takes place in a theater (hence the name, I guess), which of course has theater seating...and lots of steps. So while there's singing, dancing and lots of commotion down on the stage of the theater, Avery prefers to spend her time going up and down the amazing steps...


Occasionally she would stop and look back at what was going on down on the stage...

And she even ventured down there for a second or two. She was unsure about Clifford, though, and didn't want to get too close...

She suddenly got brave, and wandered into the middle of the crowd! Later she actually stood right in front of the guitar lady and watched her for a while. I of course didn't have my camera out at that point.

Then she decided it was better to be safely watching on the steps near my seat, and she clapped and laughed along with the other kids (and then went back to climbing the steps). I figure the more we go to this, the more comfortable she'll be...and before I know it she'll be in the middle of the floor dancing and singing the entire time.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. I wish we had something like this close. Avery is looking a lot like her Mommy these days, cute as can be of course :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! I also wished we had something like that. I can't believe how much Avery's grown! What a cutie pie, too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live near a town called Dublin, but they don't offer anything nearly as entertaining :-(. Looks like something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete