Tuesday, December 15, 2009

December 14

This page came together really easily, and is probably one of my favorites in the album so far.

I started out with this acetate sheet (seen above), which I had originally cut into a semi-circular shape.

I used the acetate sheet on top of my page, and used it as a guide for the shape ( I did end up cutting the semi-circle to be a little bit smaller than the original, so that I could use a 5x7 photo, instead of a larger photo). So...I adhered the bottom PP (Making Memories Mistletoe) to the bottom edge of the photo, and then cut the page to the same shape as the top acetate sheet. Then I added the ribbon (Jillibean Soup) between the photo and paper.

Here's a look at the acetate sheet again...I added the number 14 (Little Yellow Bicycle) to the top of the acetate.
A little closeup of the text ("Another Typewriter" font) on the photo - this was added in Photoshop before I printed it. TFL!

2 comments:

  1. Jamie-I haven't been commenting, but been looking forward to each posting. This book is absolutely wonderful. I'm so in awe! I have tons of questions...like you said you don't have a printer at home, how are you keeping up with this? Also, how were you able to decide which days would be two page layouts and others single? I think it's wonderful to have so much done ahead, but I think I'd be rethinking everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, thanks for the compliments on the album :) It's been fun so far, but I'm hoping I stay caught up as we get closer to the holiday. In answer to your questions: at first, I didn't have a printer at home. I would print my photos at a local Walgreens that is just a few miles from my house, and they'd be ready in an hour. That worked, but was somewhat cumbersome. Abe saw that I was doing this each day, and decided that I could use a printer at home, so he gave me my Christmas present a little early! Thank goodness, it has made things much easier. I do still print the 8x10 pics at a photo lab (because I don't have the paper for it, and their quality is better). As for two page or single, this is usually determined by how many pictures I have for the day or how much we did that day. I'm just playing it all be ear, and doing whatever seems to work for the day, trying to keep it as simple as possible (and not overthink everything) so that I'll keep up with it!

    ReplyDelete