Friday, December 4, 2009

December 3rd

Here is day 3 of my December Daily:

This day was a very average day, but I took a lot of photos, and knew that I had the baseball card sheet to fill up, so I used three sides for this day.

On this page the base was a sheet of Jillibean Soup PP. I then printed an Ali Edwards overlay onto white cardstock (with text added in photoshop) for my journaling block. I cut the cardstock to the same height as the JBS paper, and added a strip at the top and bottom of Basic Grey Wassail PP. I also included ric rac at the edge of the PP, and then stitched the sides. I then glued the whole thing to the base paper (couldn't stitch it once it was glued down because I had already decorated the other side of this page).

This is the baseball card sheet. I printed six photos in 2.5" x 3.5," using photoshop so that I could get them on a 4x6 photo and 5x7 photo sheet. I glued the photos back to back, then added the snowflake, and the rubon embellishments in the two bottom slots (so far I haven't actually attached the "everday life" embellishment. I'm not exactly sure how I want to do that - all I can think of so far is a staple, but I'm just not sure if I want to do it that way - unless I buy a stapler that uses smaller staples - mine's pretty big).

You can't see it in this picture but I used Stickles to outline the back of this snowflake, and here's a tip about Stickles that I just learned. Did you know that you can dry Stickles with an embossing heat gun?!?! I read this on Tim Holtz' blog this week and was so excited to learn this! It takes forever for Stickles to dry on their own. I dried the Stickles on this snowflake in about 30 seconds. Sweet :)

And here's the original page:
I'm not sure when my next post will be, with the weekend and all. Maybe not until Sunday. I'm hoping to stay caught up, so I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get some scrapping time in this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Jamie, you are doing such an amazing job with this album! Truly a wonderful keepsake!

    ReplyDelete