Sunday, December 6, 2009

December 4

For today's page I used a plastic protector sheet that came with the album. I had stitched a pocket on the right side of the sheet where I had inserted a strip of Jillibean Soup paper. I decided this paper didn't go with the clean lined/modern-ish look that was happening with the page, so I switched it out with some red cardstock.

The main part of this page is made up of the bags from my shopping trip. The large white background "paper" is actually a Banana Republic bag that I cut to size. The red/pink stripe is from a Victoria's Secret bag, and the black/white stripe is from Sephora. I took a picture while I was in the dressing room at Banana Republic (felt like a total weirdo doing that, by the way, but knew that I'd need something for this page, so I went ahead with it :).
Before I adhered the photo I stamped a journaling block onto the background with black ink, and then stamped another circle in red around that (from the Art Warehouse Christmas stamp set).

On the red cardstock I used that same stamp, and stamped the image several times using Versa Mark ink, then put clear embossing powder on top and heat embossed it.
Here's what the original page looked like:

No comments:

Post a Comment