Monday, December 21, 2009

December 16 and 17

We've had a very busy long weekend around here, so I haven't been able to post any new December Daily pages for a while. We had a party here on Saturday, and I had to move all of my scrapbooking stuff out of the basement to make way for lots of toys and kids to run around. But, today I've got it all put back together, so I'm back in business!

December 16 is a picture of a box of cookies that I made, as part of a "Mom's Night Out" event. The picture is 4x6, and then I also printed out the 12 different kinds of cookie dough that we made on half of a 4x6, and then cut it to fit to the width of the page. Ric rac and pattened paper are Jillibean Soup, and the number 16 is Little Yellow Bicycle.

A little bit closer look at the journaling.

This is the original page (I just flipped the paper around, since I thought the green Happy Holidays paper went better with the photo on this page, as well as the page for December 15, which faces this page).


December 17 is on the backside of December 16. Journaling reads "This was my first ever attempt at making sugar cookies. It was all going well until I had to ice them. My icing was too runny, which made it very difficult. So, in the end, they aren't very pretty...but they taste good, so who cares!" The letters at the bottom are from Creative Imaginations, and the embellishment in the center is a piece of "Flair" from American Crafts. Patterned Paper is Jillibean Soup.

This is the second page for December 17. This is where I added the number 17. The base of the page is a file folder. I adhered the cover of a Southern Living magazine to the file folder and cut off the excess. Then I added a Jillibean Soup journaling sprout to the left side (the green circle with white dots was already on the magazing cover, with text inside it. I just covered the text with the journaling sprout). I wrote my journaling there and added the number 17 sticker (from Little Yellow Bicycle).

Here's a closeup of the journaling.

This is the original page.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still following along and loving all of your DD album. But, I really like the magazine cover. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete