Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December 18 and 19 (part 1)

I was hoping to do a better job of keeping up with this album, so that I wouldn't be more than a day or two behind, but unfortunately I haven't managed to stay on track. Even so, I'm going to keep chugging along, and hopefully it won't be too long before it will be complete.

So, we're back on day 18. I started the 18th on the back of the magazing cover page I used for the 17th, which was on a file folder.

I printed this photo as an 8"x 6.5" (on 8x10 paper...used the remainder of the paper for the photo on the next page). In photoshop, I added the title "Mommy's Little Helper" (Ali Edwards Handwriting font), and then the text below it (Futura Lt font). Then I just cut the photo around the file folder, wrote "december 18" on the side with a Sharpie pen, and punched the holes. Super easy page!

Here's a closeup of the journaling.

This is part 2 of December 18. I wanted to include another page so I could jot down the things we were doing that day since we were very busy, getting ready for a holiday party we were having at our house on the 19th. I don't love this page, because I didn't plan it out very well. I wish I had included something between the photo and the journaling (like a strip of ribbon or some type of holiday text), but I didn't think about it until after I wrote the journaling, and when I tried to add something, it didn't seem to fit. This page was not originally in the book. I just took some white cardstock and punched the edge with the threading waters border punch. The photo size is 8" x 3.5."

This is the backside. My part 1 for December 19 (I'll have a lot more photos to add in here from our party, so I'll be adding another page). This is a 4x6 photo. I added my journaling right on the photo in Photoshop (I find that so much easier than journaling after the fact on strips of paper or somewhere else, and I like the look of it too). Font is again Futura Lt. I rounded two of the corners before adhering it to the PP.

Here's a closeup of the journaling. Thanks for looking...I hope to do some more tonight to be posted tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment